Freelance Design and Photography
Using my left and right brain simultaneously to dish out fresh pieces of art.
Picked out your design idea and ready to send us all the fun details?
Ready to submit an order for an announcement, invitation, or holiday card but want more information on how it works? Here’s more info for you:
1. We have several design ideas for you to check out by clicking on the links on the left. We call these “design ideas” because we want you to know that you are not limited to what we currently have on display. You can use them as ideas to have us create a similar design, use the exact same design but with a different color scheme of your choosing, or let us know your own unique idea that we can create for you. We love to give you control of how your photo card will turn out, instead of just giving you templates to stick with, especially if there is something you’d liked changed (like the font, colors, layout, etc.)
2. When you have a favorite design idea picked out, or have a custom design in mind, choose one of the event types below to go to the personalization form. There you will also be able to send us the photos you’d like us to include in your design.
3. Once you’ve filled out the form in it’s entirety, you should receive an email confirmation of the details and photos you sent us. Please check your SPAM box if you don’t get anything!
4. We’ll email you an invoice to pay* for the type of card and number of cards you ordered. After payment has been received, you’ll get an email with your design proof(s) within 24 hours. You have up to 3 design changes before approving your proof.
5. Once you’ve approved the final design, your card gets sent off for printing! (Or if you order a digital card you will receive your digital file very soon after we receive your design approval).
6. Printing typically takes 1-2 days. After that, we ship to you via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 business days) or offer Expedited Shipping as well.
*We will give you 100% refund if you are not happy with your design proofs and your order will be canceled. Once you’ve approved your design though, and we’ve sent it off for printing, refunds will only be given if there is a problem with the final printed product due to our error. But generally, when you’ve approved your design for printing, all sales are final, so if you’re unsure of how the photo card or press printed cards look in person, we highly encourage you to order a sample print.
Or if you just want to send us over a general question before placing an order, send us an email at lorelei [at] wordsinpictures.com
Read the most frequently asked questions here and get to know us!
What makes Words In Pictures different than all the other photo card sites?
We are not like every other photo card site that provides limited “shelf” stocked designs for you to choose from. Our boutique designs are there if they work for you, but if they don’t, we are very prepared to create a completely custom designed announcement or invitation with no additional costs. You will be working one on one with the designer for a personal experience from start to finish.
Starting in late 2002, we are one of the first who introduced the photo-collage style card. The entire family-run operation consists of me, Lorelei Conover, also of Lorelei Conover Photography, and my wonderful husband, Christopher. Through my decade of web designing and web coding experience, I have developed a professional standard of designing that results in the unique and beautiful cards you see on this site, as well as the many custom designs I’ve created for many happy clients.
How does it work?
Check out our sample designs and then contact us if anything inspires you for your own announcement or invitation, or we can create a totally custom design just for your occasion.
How “custom” are the Custom Designs?
While we respectfully refuse to design or print anything with profanity or offensive gestures, give us anything else under the sun and we’re totally game! If you have a themed party for example, or have a favorite animal, favorite hobby, or favorite anything, don’t hesitate to let us know what you’re looking for.
Can I send you professional photos?
Of course, as long as they are accompanied by permission from the photographer. A signed release that is fax or sent by mail, or an email direct from the photographer will let us know we are allowed to reproduce their work. This includes mall portraits such as JC Penny, Picture People, School Portraits, etc.
Is there a minimum order requirement?
Yes for our photo cards, the minimum order is 15 cards. For our panel, die-cut, tri-fold, or folding cards, they are sold in sets of 24 cards. Magnets are sold in set of 15. For pricing information, click on “Pricing” to the left.